Congratulations to those who cleared the test checkpoint 2!!
Today we will start with “Sarukkal Adavu”. Sarukkal is a Tamil term that means “to glide or slide.”
Facts about Sarukkal Adavu
- Position: Samapadam( standing position).
- Hand Gestures: Pathakam, Alapadmam, Katakamukham,Mrigarsirsham a few styles use the dola also.
- Foot movements:Taditham
- Sollukattu: Tai-ha-dit-tai or Tai- ha-tai-hi
Now lets watch the animation of the first step…
Now lets analyse the flow of movements
Start position: Left hand stretched out at shoulder level in Pathakam facing the ground(adhomukham), right hand bent at elbows with Pathakam in front of the chest in adhomukham
- Tap right feet away from the from the left
- Open both hands to have the pathakam in uttanam (facing upwards)
- bend on your outstretched hand (i.e. to your left)
- Place left feet beside the right (Some styles literally slide the feet here, while others fold at their knees and land their heels before the toes (like Chakramanam chari)
- Slowly close both hands to adhomukha pathakams again while retaining them in their start position
- Straighten your torso
- Now raise the toes of both feet (you remain on your heels to perform a taditam)
- Flex at your wrists to raise your pathakams
- Slightly lift your chin and look upwards
- Bring your toes down
- Extend your wrists to bring your pathakams to the normal position again
For the left mirror the above movements…
Let’s practice with the audio