Lets begin with watching this animation…
Now lets look at the movement flow in the step.
Start Position: Stand with feet together with katakamukhams at chest level in the right hand and the katakamukham stretched up above the head and facing upward in the left hand.
- Tai: –
- Tap right feet behind the left to form a swastikam(crossed) behind the flat left feet
- Bend to your left at your waist
- Leap and land with right feet . Fold your left leg at the knees and keep it raised behind the right leg.
- The right hand opens out in alapadmam, and it is stretched out at the shoulder level to the front.
- Bend towards the outstretched hand
o The left leg is now landed on its toes behind the right feet .
o The hand position and bending are as above
· Tatta – this is a rest/silent phrase (where no movement is done)
·For the next set of tai- tai yum- tatta mirror the movement in the left.
Try this with this audio link